Interested in the Digital Media Academy?
This course gives grade 9 & 10 students a chance to explore the Digital Media Industry, learn DMA skills and concepts, and build a portfolio for the Grade 11 DMA application.
Students may have the opportunity to work with real clients. To complete projects you will learn how to use industry standard software and equipment for animation, film, sound and graphic design. A strong career exploration path is pursued by students. Project Management will be learned through planning, organizing & completion of exciting projects. Field trips to Industry workplaces and presentations by Post-Secondary Schools are also part of this experience.
Priority is given to Grade 10 students.
How Do I Apply?
DMA Lite is only for Grade 9 & 10 students.
1. Complete the online the District Application Form
2. Download and complete the DMA Lite supporting documents:
– Student Letter of Intent
– Portfolio- digital and digitized work only on a USB drive
– Teacher recommendation – teacher to complete and deliver to the DMA
3. Deliver the above materials to :
Argyle Secondary School Office, Attention: DMA
The total cost for the DMA Lite is $500 for the year. (upon acceptance)
Applications accepted January 29-April 6, 2018